Realizations in Time (2016): It’s Okay


Now that there’s a new year ahead of us, I look back to all that I’ve realized. Greetings and welcome to my blog! Before I get on to the bandwagon, I hope what you see helps or relates to you in some way, and in this way it’ll help me grow as a writer and as a human being. Enjoy!



Every year, we learn something new. We live, we let go and we move on. But with every year holds true for something, and this year I learned one thing that I hold dearly to my heart: it’s okay. You may be wondering or guffawing at that simple statement of mine, but I don’t blame you. It’s really something that’s obscured or left behind, nothing seemingly conspicuous about it, however through this year that has been wrapped up with feelings and love, sometimes or maybe most of the times, it’s just really okay.


            There are certain feelings we do not understand and it tends do discombobulate us so much. But in the end, I realized that’s it honestly okay to feel this. It’s okay to get to hurt. It’s okay to get sad. I always questioned myself and put the blame on myself for these feelings of mine. But I never got to turn the page and see that it was blank. That’s when I got the full picture that that no matter what I write there, it’ll be there to stay. And whatever I write there, it reflects the words that led me to end the chapter called, “A Moment in Life”. What I’m trying to say is that with every remorseful experience you had, or whatever feeling that left you with such agony, in the end it allowed you to open up a new chapter and to start fresh. I’m glad I got to realize this year and hopefully, the chapters I continue to write are worth the read.


           Love is a strong and a big word. It's what everyone feels and what everyone wants. But one thing I realized from it is that truly, it’s okay to completely love and it’s okay to take risks. I always found taking risks as something foolish and dumb. Maybe to a certain extent it is, however when it comes to love, there are no boundaries. Love truly is something that is unconditional and no one can control themselves when they fall in love (whether it be romantic or not). There’s only so much a person can suppress. Hopefully, this New Year can give me a sense of what love truly is.

            Despite many people loathing 2016, I can confidently say that 2016 was one of the best years I’ve had. After all that I realized, from pain to love, I certainly can say that this year has showered me with lessons to learn; I’m grateful. Yet without a doubt, I still have a long way to go, and a lot to learn ahead. However I have no worries, because time will truly, fully take care of everything.

Sincerely,

  Liezel



Share:

0 Comments