Old and New Beginnings



Ephesians 3:14

"Being rooted and grounded in love." 


This verse will forever resonate in my heart. Sometimes I forget the 'rooted' love because of the overshadowing cynicism this world has. However, ever since going out of a place that's supposedly called "home", nothing can ever replace my true roots (specifically places I grew up in) and things that help me to grow as the person I want and need to be.


All of us are just like plants. Just as water and sunlight are its own needs, we have our own necessities. And most importantly, plants must strengthen their roots because it is an integral necessity. That applies to us as well. We need to strengthen, ground and humble ourselves to the things we call as our, "beginnings". Therefore, there's always going to be something that's going to draw you back to where your roots are. Moving from one place to another (or one state to another) is never easy. It's a refreshing experience but at the same time it's nerve-wracking. However I realized that as I grew older, I started to appreciate the cultures I've been exposed to and the many people I met in the process of moving to places. But not going back to the places I left my imprint on, it was tough. That's why even if this would be a short lived fresh start, it is nevertheless a new beginning for me. A clean slate, with windows and doors opening my mind. 


So if I'm going to be honest, there's nothing better than going out of toxic places and moving to more serene places.  I was in a state where I was filled toxicity and I felt like I was about to swallow every negative thing that was vigorously given to me. I'm not going to lie, if I didn't have a change of scenery, it could've been harder for me to accept the negativity. But I'm only human, and so are you. We all have those hard days. I'm no superwoman but everyday I'm trying to be a better person than I was yesterday. I'm not asking for pity, rather I see the magnitude of other people's actions. Whether they are good or bad, right or wrong, they influence me to be a stronger person and their opinions tests my own state of mind. But like I said, I'm growing up to be a person I want and need to be. So if this is one of the first steps to growing up, then I fully surrender and accept it. 


With that being said, from the feeling of belongingness to a new chapter of growth, I believe that through time and time again I can build myself up to be a better person. And nobody is going to stop me from that. 

Sincerely, 

  Liezel

Share:

0 Comments